Without knowing it, your HVAC ductwork can contaminate the air you and your family breathe. The presence of mold in an HVAC system is a very common complaint in South Carolina. Mold can quickly multiply, and the fastest way to spread mold through a home or building is through the HVAC system. Here are some signs to watch out for in regards to possible mold in your home’s HVAC system:
Signs That You May Have Mold Growth In Your HVAC System And Need A Professional Inspection
- You physically see mold growing in or around your air ducts, intake vents, and drip pans.
- There is a strong mold or mildew smell in your home.
- You or household members are coughing, sneezing and/or congested.
- You or household members have irritated eyes, nose or throat.
- Skin rashes develop.
- You or household members experience nausea, headaches, dizziness and/or fatigue.
If you suspect mold damage in your home, address it immediately. There are plenty of do-it-yourself methods, but it takes a professional to remove the source of the mold and control the situation. You can request a quote online and easily schedule a time and day for one of our licensed technicians to inspect your HVAC system for mold.
Prevent Mold from Growing in Your HVAC
- Replace the air filter at least every three months.
- Insulate air ducts to reduce the amount of condensation produced.
- Run a dehumidifier. When condensation occurs, if the air has a low level of humidity, the condensation will evaporate into the air instead of collecting.
- Keep your drip pans clean. When water collects, mold will grow.
- Dry any wet areas within 24 hours. This includes condensation, leaks, and spills.
- Get your ducts regularly inspected and cleaned by a professional contractor.
Let Restored Air Help
You can save yourself the trouble and risks associated with cleaning mold by hiring a professional to do it for you. Our experts at Restored Air do things the right way. When it comes to mold remediation, disinfection or preventive services, we guarantee to give an honest assessment of your property and provide a solution that works for your individual situation and budget.
If you or household members are experiencing symptoms of mold, contact us today to request a quote.